Mr. Josh Danell
Head Teacher, 5th – 8th Grade
I graduated from Martin Luther College in 2013 with a Bachelor of Science in Education degree. As a graduate I was assigned to Martin Luther College as an Admissions Counselor where I served for two years. There, I traveled to nine WELS high schools, encouraging students to consider MLC to become pastors, teachers, and staff ministers. After two years I was reassigned with my wife, Kelly, to teach upper grades here at Grace Lutheran School. I am in my fourth year of teaching and am blessed to teach a fun group of upper grade students here in Geneva.
Mrs. Kelly Danell
Kindergarten – 4th Grade
I graduated from Martin Luther College in May 2014 with a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with an endorsement in Math. I taught 3rd and 4th grade for one year at St. John’s Lutheran School in Redwood Falls, MN. Then, I moved to Geneva and am currently teaching lower grades at Grace Lutheran School. I enjoy working with students at all ages, so having a multi-grade classroom is a blessing for both the students and me.
The Purpose of a Christian Education
The purpose of a Christian education here at Grace Lutheran School is to assist parents in giving their children a Christ-centered education; so that they view their whole life as an opportunity to serve God and their fellow man as they view all things in light of God’s Word. This is in keeping with what God says in Proverbs 6:6, “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
The Objectives of Grace Lutheran School are:
- to bring children to the knowledge of Jesus as their personal Savior.
- to give all children a thorough instruction in God’s Word.
- to give children the opportunity to live their faith in daily Christian fellowship.
- to train children to view all things in the light of God’s Word.
- to meet the requirements of the State of Nebraska as well as our own Wisconsin Synod course of study in supplying the needs of our children in secular subjects.
- to encourage children to live as obedient citizens of their country.
- to support and strengthen the Christian home.
- to support and strengthen the congregation and their church-at-large through the training of their future members.